|Latest Paintings Confident Strokes Symbolic Abstract Oil paintings|
Commissioned work is a part of every artists life and as we all love to have work at hand this is also the most difficult part in our profession.
Tips for taking Commissioned Work Paintings-
1) Decide upon the budget for commissioned work. Usually the client has a fixed approximate budget for the art works they require, number of paintings, medium of paintings and size of paintings commissioned. Discuss this clearly with the client, corporate or private art collectors, buyers of art.
2) Communicate with the client what style they want the paintings- abstract, nature, still life, portraits, usually clients have specific demands for the paintings they want to be made. This again is clear when the client chooses to give commission to an artist, only after reviewing their past work of art.
3)Colors they love and would like to be incorporated in their customized artwork also can be discussed. As I do lots of symbolic abstracts and lay utmost importance on feng shui colors , and effects of colors on mind, color psychology, color therapy, it would be better to understand whether the client loves energy colors , earth colors or spiritual colors.
4) Time when they commissioned works are required. This is very important from both sides, the client as well as the artist. They may have a certain function, occasion when they wish to present, gift, the commissioned pieces of paintings, or unfold some special paintings on certain special occasions coinciding with their profession.
5) For the artist the time taken too make paintings, number of artworks and the time taken for drying well, all must be considered before committing, deciding on the date for any commissioned art. The artist can well in advance let people know how long before they need to get the order and the time they take to deliver the paintings.
6) Only take those orders who you can do justice to, by time and by work, sometimes due to time crunch the artist loaded with responsibility and pressure to complete a certain number of paintings within a fixed time suddenly get an artists block. They are not able to do justice to the commissioned artwork and this is reflected in their paintings and by choice of colors.
7) Relax, free your mind and then begin commissioned work, this helps. Take a break before, nature walk also help, take time sharpening your skills, prepare to paint , spend more time preparing for teh ideas, colors, thoughts, , and then go for it. The flow comes out naturally.
8) All commissioned order of paintings must be finished on time. Keep in mind the loyalty , and responsibility you as an artist have to submit the work on time. Reputation and work habits , style or working , professionalism always helps, even for artists.
9) While working on commissioned work, some artists prefer to keep showing drafts, or how the work is progressing to the client, the thought that they can make changes while working on a painting instead of showing the complete painting for approval of the client. This will save time and also help to give the required result artwork that satisfies the buyers. Sometimes this becomes quite a pain as usually lay people , clients who do not have any knowledge of colors or styles, and they may get confused as well as confuse the artist, so your individual choice in this term.
10) Finish the paintings on time, pack them well, commissioned art is not just about paintings but also sending the package on time. Commissioned paintings involve the whole process of painting, packing well and your work reaching the destination at the earliest or on time scheduled by the client, is a great way to invite more attractive commissioned works later.
All the Best!
|Friendly Alexandrine Parakeet male|
|Confident strokes, Untitled, abstract painting on oil sketch paper|
|My Best Friend Alexandrine Parakeet|
|Loving to Chew possessive about his perch|
I am not aware of what lessons in compassion nature universe is teaching me, the loss just become unbearable, first to care, love and then to leave, as about the female Alexandrine parakeet who had lived with us free for two and half years.
As this one had come in distress, and I was given by the next building people, the time flew by caring , feeding, him but as he looked confident, I had to let go, the most difficult part, hoping he would come back, think some one has caught him,a s he would answer my whistles with his every time.